Thank you for all the interest in this project. We look forward to moving to the next phase.
Expressions of Interest are now closed for the 2023/24 program. They will reopen for the next round in 2024.
The project will require commitment from your course and team in terms of time to follow-up and maintenance of the site but we will work with you to do the following:
- identify suitable areas to be established as pollinator plots
- discuss appropriate site preparation techniques
- compose an appropriate list of plants
- connect you with local indigenous nurseries and organize all plant orders
- provide works timeline for site preparation, planting and aftercare
Golf Courses and amenity areas can play an important role by following a few simple actions to protect our bees and butterflies. Some of the ways golf courses can improve habitats for pollinators is by growing more nectar and pollen rich flowers, shrubs and trees, leaving patches of land to grow wild, cutting grass less often, avoid disturbing or destroying nesting or hibernating insects and using pesticides responsibly.